Friday, March 20, 2009

My Crimson Fists

I figured it was about time to display some actual hobby material since that is one of the main intentions of this blog. I am currently working on a 2000pt Crimson Fists force. I've always liked the background of the Crimson Fists. From the destruction of their Fortress Monastery at the hands of the orks, to their epic struggle to rebuild their chapter from the ashes.

There were a few things I wanted to portray in my army. First off, according to the fluff, the Crimson fists were left with as many veterans as normal marines after their monastery fell. I made sure that I had as many veterans as I did normal troops. Since they are a rebuilding chapter, they currently have a lot of scouts to start rebuilding the ranks of the brother marines. I made sure I had at least 1 scout squad to show this. Another one of the Crimson Fists story that I liked was the one about the Declates Crusade. In this crusade, the Crimson Fists teamed up with their brothers the Black Templars to face the orks. To show signs of unity, the two chapters exchanged iconography. The Templars painted their left fist red, while the Fists painted templar crosses on their armor. I've tried to do this in a few place to show veterans of that campaign.

Here are some pictures of what I currently have done with the exception of my Master of the Forge, Venerable Dreadnought, and Assault Terminators. Pictures of those will follow shortly as I get pictures of them taken.

Scouts with sniper rifles:



Sternguard:



Tactical Squad 1:


Tactical Squad 2:


1 comment:

  1. Great looking CFs. Some day down the line, I've decided that my one Codex marine army will be a small, very basic CF force, something that perhaps a new player could have a go with against one of my other armies (such as my orks) to get a feel for WH40K.

    Rather than a veteran-heavy squad, I was considering making a newly-formed CF strike force with minimal upgrades. Keeping the weapons and units fairl simple so as to make the army easily accessible for someone who wasn't familiar with the rules.

    I see you haven't posted in a while - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete